Writing Update

Quick update on the writing thing.

I continue to wade through the first revision/second draft. What a humbling experience that is. The first chapter thoroughly sucked. We are talking Shop Vac sucked. I held my nose and performed major surgery. I'm not convinced it's wonderful yet, but it is light-years from where it was.

Moved a big chunk from a chapter deep within the middle section to a new second chapter; I felt the need to introduce one of the characters much earlier. That was a good plan, since the chapter where this section had formerly lived was way too long.

Over the weekend, I went into the Big Filing Cabinet o' Stuff that lives out in the studio and rummaged around until I found some old short stories I'd written about (let's see) 15 years ago.

As a commitment to my new writer's status, I joined the Trinity Writer's Workshop last night. They seem to be a good bunch of people. My old friend the Kippster and his wife the Kitty Chick are members (he joined last week, she's been a member since...well, for a long time). I promised (gulp) that I would read a section from the novel next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."