Inversion

My youngest just had his first guitar lesson with his new teacher yesterday; his former teacher decided he no longer wanted to make the hour drive from Dallas just to teach a handful of students (can't say that I blame him).

New teacher is a UNT grad student working on his Master's degree, studying jazz guitar.
Got a call after the lesson and I asked him how it went. "Good," he said. "Ian is cool. He taught me inversions."

"Inversions?"

"Inverted chords. They sound really cool."

That night I had him show me inversions. It was fascinating watching his skinny nimble fingers, now almost as long as mine, fretting the chords. He sounded good.

Inverted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."