Dave Barry's plan for national unity

I'm a little late in linking to this, but here is Dave Barry's plan for national unity.

Martinis.

I did my bit: after the networks called the election for Obama, I made a round of martinis and brought them to my down-hearted Republican neighbors next door. "Celebrate or anesthesize: your choice," I said.

We all relaxed as Obama gave his acceptance speech, sipping the sweet waters of forgetfulness and munching on olives. The future seemed to brighten even as our eyes lost the ability to focus.

Postscript: going home afterwards, I entered the kitchen and tripped over the cat, launching the empty glasses into the air where they shattered in the darkness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."