Ernie Ball

Having run a one-person consulting business for a number of years, I guess I'm on countless mailing lists as a "small business owner." Must be why I've gotten half a dozen or so letters recently from the Business Software Alliance gestapo, suggesting in ominous tones that I'd better have them check me for illegal software and GET RIGHT before they slap me down. Surprise, surprise--I've gotten almost identical letters from Microsoft.

This band of thugs busted Ernie Ball, maker of guitar strings and guitars, a couple of years ago and Ernie paid his fine ($90,000) then rid the company of all Microsoft products, including Windows. They now run on Linux, use OpenOffice and thumb their nose at Microsoft and BSA.

Oh, and for the record, I use Linux AND Ernie Ball strings.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."