National Novel Writing Month

Once again, National Novel Writing Month draws near. Here's the deal: sign up and write 50,000 words during the month of November. How hard could that be?

It's not about polished, perfect prose, ready for publication, it's about vomiting approximately 1,700 words a day for 30 days.

50,000 words.

My current novel (ha! I like the sound of that--my current novel) got its start as a Nanowrimo effort. I managed to hit the magic number on target, then wrote another ~25,000 words before finishing. I'm now editing the rough (and it is rough) draft. I even joined a writing group, which is a big help.

So I got the email notification that November was fast upon us, and I've started planning my next opus. You can, by the way, do all the planning, plotting, character outlines you want before November, but to abide by the spirit of the deal, no actual writing on the draft until November 1.

Prizes, you ask? The best of all possible prizes: acknowledgement of your feat and the satisfaction of a job well done. No money, book contracts or anything else.

Just do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."