Gonzo vs. Ashcroft

Believe me, I never thought I'd live to see the day when I actually felt sense of admiration or sympathy for former Attorney General John Ashcroft.

Then I read how Al Gonzales and Andrew Card tried to bully him into signing off on the NSA's secret domestic surveillance program while he lay in a hospital bed, suffering from acute pancreatitis. It seems the AG refused to certify the legality of Bush's latest assault on our civil liberties, so Gonzales, ever the loyal toad, went to twist the arm of the old man in his sickbed.

Congratulations, Al.

Just about the time I'm convinced you can't be any more of a reprehensible little shit, you manage to surpass yourself. What's next? Concentration camps?

Oh wait -- never mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."