Harry Potter is finished (no spoilers)

...Or more accurately I should say I'm finished with Harry Potter -- Book 7, that is.

Shortly before dinner this evening, I lay across the living room couch and read the closing pages in the fading light of the day.

Overall, a good, enjoyable read. Most fans will probably say it ends in a satisfying way. As with all the books, they could have done with some tightening up. Some of the writing is a little on the clumsy side as well. But overall, they deliver the goods.

If you've not read the books, start with the first and persevere through the first 4 or 5 chapters, which are slow going. Once Harry leaves for school though, the chase is on.

Now if only I could get myself to start reading Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle novels again. I'm stuck at about 150 pages on the first book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....