Brent Beasley is Broadway Baptist's new Senior Pastor

By an overwhelming vote, Broadway Baptist Church has voted to call Dr. Brent Beasley as Senior Pastor. I counted three against - for better or worse, we embrace our knot-heads. Dr. Beasley preached today prior to the congregational vote and gave a thoughtful sermon on the topic of arrivals and departures. He's got a fairly laid back style, and occasionally illustrated his point using a wry self-deprecating humor.

I think I'm going to like this guy.

I was able to meet Brent and his family yesterday at a reception at the church and came away extremely impressed, and look forward to having them as part of our church family.

Brent's young -- around 38; as I stood line last week after the Pastor Search Committee announced his name, I opined that I was going to have to get used to having a pastor younger than me. A grandmotherly type looked over her shoulder and said, "Get used to it, honey."

As I heard it being discussed, Dr. Beasley's first day in the pulpit as senior pastor will be sometime in July. There will, I imagine, be a lot of heart-felt goodbyes at 2nd Baptist of Memphis, where he's leaving. Our gain is their loss.

Comments

I appreciated the sermon on Broadway's website from Dr. Beasley. Listening to Brett's sermons on the internet from 2001 to 2008 was a weekly staple for me, and I am thankful to hear someone with a similar tone back in Broadway's pulpit.
Unknown said…
I am grieved to hear of Dr. Beasley departure from Broadway church because of divorce, I have never met him but I've listened to his sermons often. I think he should resign, however I would support his remaining as the Pastor as long as his divorce has nothing to do with a moral turpitude behavior. Fornication, or adultery, issue I say yest resign, other reason the board and Pastor could decide like they did with Rev. Dr. Charles Stanley to keep him. Hope my email will be considered.

Rev. R. L. Addison
Retired Baptist Pastor

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....