A familiar odor

I'm now working out of the Alliance Airport complex.

It used to take me 25 minutes max to get to my old office. It was sort of ratty looking but there was a cafeteria on-site and places to eat near by. I could take the train and it dropped me a short walk from where I worked.

Now I work at Alliance Airport, located in what was once grazing and farming land. Rather than face the paved deathtrap known as I-35W, I usually drive down Blue Mound Road, which takes one through once rural north Texas, now a holding tank for property owners waiting to cash in on increased property values. This includes a pass through Saginaw, the armpit of north Tarrant county.

This morning I dutifully got up, made lunch, burned a CD of tunes to listen to on my 45 minute commute, and got in the car. When I turned the ignition, I got a whiff of toasting electrical insulation and saw a small wisp of smoke drift lazily from the vicinity of my steering column.

So now I'm telecommuting.

The service guy just called. He listed several parts that all needed replacing, plus suggested we get some scheduled maintenance done at the same time. Bottom line: around $1200.

That smell I smelled? It was the odor of burning money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."