The DaVinci Code

I saw The DaVinci Code the other day. It wasn't near as bad as the reviews would have you believe--really--although I can see how if you were a member of Opus Dei you might have cause to be pissed. Or if you were into self-flagellation.

The Local Paper (nameless, thank you) said that NOAH (the National Organization for Albinism and Hypopigmentation) took exception to the fact that the Killer Monk (played by Paul Bettany) was portrayed as an albino, and this portrayal continues a trend in recent years to give albinos a bad rap. Anyone remember the albino twins in the Matrix Reloaded?

When I was in high school, I had a classmate who was an albino, as was her younger brother. Both had extremely poor eyesight, one of the hallmarks of albinism. As I recall, the major impediment to her social life was her lack of fashion sense, not pigmentation.

A co-worker was aghast that I went to see DaVinci Code at all and said he wouldn't be caught dead in the theater. Sort of the way my wife feels about Tom Cruise. I told him I enjoyed it but he was not interested.

I think he objected to the notion that Jesus got married. It occurs to me that if Jesus really wanted to suffer as men suffer, he'd almost have to be a married man, right?

Mrs. Jesus Christ.

Just kidding, ladies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....