Blogger takes it on the chin

First Amazon, now Blogger. What's the world coming to?

I've been busy and almost missed it, but apparently Blogger has had some some "issues" over the last couple of days. For the unenlightened,  "issues" is service provider code for "major fuck-ups."

I first became aware when my friend and debating partner the Whited Sepulchre posted something the other day about losing a post and noticed he'd posted something today about losing a bunch of comments (it had removed the snarky remark I made in response to the first post). I won't go into whether this is a good thing or not, but it did pique my curiosity.

According to Blogger, the issue was (as with Amazon) some sort of screw up during "routine" maintenance. Result: an avalanche of lost posts and comments. After 2 days they are working to restore these as quickly as possible. Speaking as a web professional, I can vouch for the fact it's those "routine" things that bite you in the ass the hardest.

Given my posting frequency and the fact that on a good day less than a dozen people visit this site, this had no effect to speak of on this blog. Sigh...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....