A Plan For Escape

...is the title of a book by Adolfo Bioys-Casares I read some years ago (back when I was cultured and well-read). According to a review reprinted on Amazon.com, the "relationship between prisoners and keepers is a dominant theme." It was, as I recall a very strange, but interesting book.

It came to mind since we are all attempting to escape something or other.

This week is turning into a hellish mess. Yesterday I was depressed. This morning while sitting in traffic on my way into my office I had an epiphany concerning my job.

The reason this sucks is that I need to be encouraged to do something else. The ONLY reason I am doing what I do right now is for the money. Once I realized I was only being pushed to make a change, it all took on a new context.

Here I am trying to be a Project Manager in an IT department. While it is slightly ego-boosting to know that I can more or less pull this off, it's not what I want to do, was trained to do, have any interest in doing. So obviously it is time to start to do some planning. A plan for escape.

I love epiphanies, don't you?

Comments

mtaaris said…
Dear Ralph-
I usually have epiphanies on the toilet. Swirling effect brings it out of me.
Slim
Dr Ralph said…
My head is swimming...

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."