Salary means never worrying about overtime

At 7:00, twenty minutes before I left for the night, our fearless CIO, Beany Countwell ("I'm a numbers man. Just show me the numbers") stood in the lobby of our building, pontificating on the virtues of putting in a few extra hours of overtime for the good of the Company.

I was working late, writing test cases for a server migration that someone realized THIS WEEK had to be completed before the end of the year. Nice save, someone.

I ought to be working them now, since I have to be finished before the end of tomorrow, and I'll be baby-sitting a consultant of dubious competency all day. I'm afraid I'm not highly motivated to put in much more overtime tonight.

Blow it out your ass, Beany.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."