R.I.P. Kodachrome

Briefly noted: Reuters reports Kodak has announced it will cease production of Kodachrome film after 74 years of production. No word on the fate of its sibling Ektachrome.

Kodachrome was a mainstay of amateur and professional photographers for years. My father shot miles of 8mm movie film with his trusty Brownie movie camera of me and my siblings in various embarrassing hijinks.

How technology has changed us: the Brownie was spring driven, which meant each take was limited to 30 or 40 seconds before you'd have to rewind the spring. Video allows the photographer to shoot excruciatingly long Andy Warhol-esque takes with no breaks.

I prefer my boredom in smaller chunks, thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."