Happy New Year

Well, here it is, the 3rd of January and I am back in my office, once again a prisoner of my desire to eat regularly. Tomorrow I fly to Wichita to freeze my ass off for a few days for the benefit of my employer.

Sigh.

Here's how well I succeeded in accomplishing the several things I wanted to accomplish:

  • Finish reading Cryptonomicon: Made minor headway; managed to read another 150 (out of 1200) pages. I'll read more on the plane tomorrow
  • Finish writing The Novel: Managed to bump the word count up to 60,000 words and think I know how I'll wrap it up. Mostly I didn't do squat on it. I'll write at the Residence Inn at night while in Wichita.
  • Finish watching the first three seasons of Alias: Er, no. Managed to get to Episode 7 of the Second season. There are 22 episodes a season. Season 4's opener is Wednesday night.
  • Update/redesign my website: Yeah, right.


Also, didn't manage to get any Christmas cards mailed. Maybe I'll just call them Martin Luther King day cards this year.

Soo...what did I do?

Saw some movies. The Incredibles was, well, incredible. A film for adults pretending to be a kid's film. Also saw Sideways, sort of an indie-feel film, about two aging losers out doing a California Wine Country tour before one of them gets married. Better than it sounds...some laugh out loud stuff.

Hung with my family. Always a good thing. Spent half a day getting my 13 year old's new Radeon Video card to play nice in his computer. Problem was with getting it to peacably co-exist with the onboard video chip.

Oh, and sleeping until 8 a.m -- that was a treat, considering this morning I was back to getting up at 5:45.

Getting up at 5:45 did have the effect of reinforcing the notion that this is the year I become a novelist. This month, I have decided, the first draft WILL be finished.

This is ending in sort of a tired, boring way. Sorry. I'm tired and bored.

I'm at work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."