Reading, writing and bending

I haven't updated this in a while. Not that I have a vast audience or anything but there is the discipline of writing it to consider.

Finally finished reading Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon. A very good book. I liked it so well I picked up copies of Zodiac and Snow Crash from Half Price Books. In between, I started reading Bruce Sterling's Distraction, which despite the great reviews I'm finding, is not near as good a book. My wife asked me why I was continuing to read it, and I said that I wanted to understand WHY it was not as good a book. Speaking of Sterling, who hails from Austin, Texas, I have also read his Hacker Crackdown, which was a much more interesting book. Go fig. I'm also reading a couple of new Manga books I picked up over the weekend, and in an attempt to better myself, bought a Barnes & Noble edition of Pride and Prejudice.

The Novel is continuing slowly. I came up with a plot idea which (I think/I hope) will make things more interesting, but requires me to re-weave events through the current draft. I'll make it more seamless in the next draft, but I wanted to get enough in place that I can use it to reasonably create the cacophony that will be the conclusion of this thing. Along with that, I am going to try and start attending a weekly writer's group with a friend.

Continuing along in the mode of self-improvement as exemplified by the writer's group, I told my wife I'd be willing to start doing a Yoga class once a week. This was suggested to me by my back doctor about a year and a half ago, so in the interest of once again having feeling in my left foot, I'm going to learn to bend.

Finally...I'm up to the halfway point in Season 3 of Alias. Woo! Arvin Sloan...he's the devil!



Comments

mtaaris said…
From a younger to an older Hippie-
Have fun with that Yoga!

Younger Hippie

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."