On the road...

Once again I find myself in Wichita, Kansas, in the service of my employer. One of my co-workers is taking a different position. Since I am taking on a number of his responsibilities the plan since mid-December has been for me to travel here and meet with him.

Yesterday it was 75 degrees in Texas (where I live). Current temperature in Wichita is 32 degrees, with freezing rain. I arrived here around 10:30 and at 2:30 was sent "home," which in my case means the Residence Inn, by my Wichita boss. My planned 2 1/2 meeting ended up being around half an hour.

So now I'm on a conference call with all my cohorts -- those from Wichita all now at home -- calling from Residence Inn. Halfway through the call, they all lose power (ice on the power lines, no doubt). Inspiring.

The high tomorrow is forecast to be 28 degrees, and the low is 8 degrees. Yahoo describes the predicted weather as "winter mix," which means rain, snow and ice.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate traveling? Not to mention how much I hate winter weather?

It will interesting to see how many people actually make it into the office here tomorrow.

Comments

mtaaris said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."