Jaunty Jackalope (warning - geekish musings)

The latest Linux Ubuntu release from Canonical, 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope), is now loosed on the internets. I'm running Kubuntu (KDE) 8.04 (Hardy Heron) right now on my main desktop computer and love it.

I'm trying to decide: upgrade?

The Jackalope promises faster boot times, a new package management system, an updated kernel, and KDE 4. The upgrade will probably take an hour and be relatively painless, unlike the agony soon to be experienced by all those poor chumps out there waiting to upgrade Windows 7 beta to the Release Candidate.

Decisions, decisions.

If none of this makes a lick of sense, don't worry: tomorrow I'll be writing about my garden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Movie Cavalcade

Contact Fedex Delivery Dept For Your Package....

A few random thoughts on "Cancel Culture."